Nominations forms for anyone wishing to stand for the regional executive appear on this website on the Conferences page. They are normally published in July/August, well ahead of each October AGM.
Regional Executive 2021
Learn more about the regional executive here. (Introductory paper produced for new members of the executive)
The following members take office from 1 January 2021.
- President: Jackie Pearcey
- Chair: Jane Brophy
- Treasurer: John Skipworth
- Secretary: Vicky Downie
- Vice Chair Campaigns: Iain Donaldson
- Vice Chair Candidates: Bruce Hubbard
- Vice Chair Conferences: Tim Young
- Vice Chair Membership, Diversity & Inclusion: Sam Al-Hamdani & Louie Hamblett
- Vice Chair Policy: Andrew Haldane
- Vice Chair Standards & Practice: Mark Clayton
- Ordinary Member: Jo Barton, Kev Benfold, Chris Burton-Johnson, Stan Collins, David Crowther, Steve Dering, Rod Fletcher, Meg Flower, Rebecca Forrest, Sharron Honey, Val Jay, Johanna Maitland, James Tattersall, Brian Wernham.
- Co-opted Members: Kris Brown, Lesley Delves, Simon Lepori, Lewis Parkin, John Potter, April Preston, John Pugh, Lisa Smart, Lynne Thompson, John Wright
- English Council Representative*: Stan Collins, Dave Crowther, Iain Donaldson, Andrew Haldane, Jackie Pearcey, John Skipworth, James Tattersall, Tim Young.
- Regional Candidates Committee (elected section): Val Jay, John Skipworth, James Tattersall, Tim Young.
* subject to confirmation of the number of voting representatives the region is allocated for 2021.
Most of the work of the North West Liberal Democrats Regional Executive is done through sub-committees working on specific areas of work. Each is chaired by one of the Officers of the Executive.
- Campaigns Committee
- Candidates Committee
- Conferences Committee
- Membership, Diversity & Inclusion Committee
- Policy Committee
- Standards & Practice Committee
Any member of the party in the North West can join these groups by standing for the Regional Executive at the elections held at the Regional AGM each autumn, and there is usually room to co-opt additional members during the course of the year.